Hood Memorial AME Zion Church stewards
Hood Memorial AME Zion Church is blessed to have a Stewards team who are truly dedicated to Christ and accomplishing His will.
The Pastor's Steward shall be the Chairman of the Board of Stewards. The duties of the Pastor's Steward are:
- To see that all necessary provisions are made for the temporal comfort of the Pastor in Charge
- To officiate in taking collections to meet the estimate made for the support of the Pastor
- To meet the Leaders' and Stewards' meetings in order to receive from them whatever they have collected for the support of the Pastor through the classess or otherwise
- To consult often with the Pastor so as to be informed as to confort or necessities of Pastor and his/her family
- To meet with the Board of Stewardesses and advise them as to what is necessary to secure the temporal relief of the Pastor and family
- To provide the elements of the Lord's Supper
- To make a report of transactions to the Quarterly Conference.
Stewardess Board President
At the pleasure of the Pastor in Charge, the Quarterly Conference may appoint annually three or more female members as Stewardesses, whose duty shall be
- To assist the Preacher's Steward in making provisions for the support and comfort of the Pastor and family. After their appointment, they shall meet and elect from among their number, a President, Secretary, and Treasurer, which officers shall be ameanable to the Quarterly Conference.
Ministry of Kindness Treasurer
The duties of the Treasurer of the Ministry of Kindness:
- To receive the money collected for the poor at Love-Feast, Sacrament, or otherwise
- Hold the same and pay it out only as directed by the Pastor and Leaders' Meeting
- To meet the Leaders' and Stewards' meeting to receive what they have collected for the needy and distressed members of the Church;
- To make a report of the money received and paid out to each Quarterly Conference.